News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys of all time! The original poll has been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted in the previous stegosaur poll.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battatitan's Dioramas (at last!)

Started by Battatitan, December 28, 2012, 05:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battatitan

Hey everyone  :D
Well, firstly I would like to thank you all for coming to look at my new diorama thread. I sincerly apologise for not posting any for a very long time now, although exams and school and things have unfortunatly got in the way.  :-\ However, now I hope I will be able to update this thread as frequently as I can with new, realistic and hopefully inspiring dioramas. Back on the DTF v1 I really enjoyed sharing my dioramas and hearing all your feedback. I hope that we can repeat that on this new forum.

Please feel free to browse through my images, leave any comments and critisisms you may have and, most importantly, enjoy them!

To get into the swing of things I thought I might post some of my own personal favourites from my old thread on the old forum.

If you are new to this forum and would like to view my old dioramas, then please click the following link to visit the old DTF forum and scroll through them all.  ;D http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=dioramas&action=display&thread=3606

Firstly: Browsing Olorotitan

Picking Over a Carcass

Shadows

Spotted!

Styracosaur Moving On

Underwater Feeder

A Jurassic Drink

Meltwater

Triassic Swamp

Spirits Of The Ice Forest  ;)

Misty Forest

Antarctic Sunset

I really hope you enjoyed this refresh of my old dioramas I and look forward to taking more  :))

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ZoPteryx

Those are all great, but I'd have to say my favorites are Misty Forest and Spirits of the Ice Forest! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Triassic Swamp and Misty Forest are easily my favorites. I look forward to seeing more of your dios !

Paleo & Fish Collector

Love the desert one its makes you imagine an exhausted dinosaur on a adventure day through night in search of water.

mmfrankford

I really like meltwater. It actually looks like it's struggling in high water. Nice dios!

Battatitan

Thank you everyone for such nice comments.  :D

Jetoar and Zopteryx:-  Thank you! Misty Forest actually features no image fixing: none of my dioramas are edited in any way (except resizing). To achieve the shot I held up the Plateosaurus in front of the forest and took the picture (which is why the dinosaur is unfocused  >:( )

Blade:-  Thanks  :) I hope to upoad some more shortly.

PteraspisEMMA:-  Hearing your interpretations make taking dioramas so fun: the same image can portray different things to different people.  :))  I am a little annoyed that I didn't add any footprints, though.  :-\

mmfrankford:-  Thank you  :D  I'm really happy with the way the water turned out and how his head seemed on an angle, as if he's struggling. The only thing to watch when setting up the dio, however, is the height of the grass.  :-\

Thanks to everybody who viewed and commented and please stay tuned!   ;)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

ajax

They all look great, love the muddy stego having a drink.

IHogaRok

I really like the Triassic Swamp. Its a beautiful picture.  : *orthocone*

Battatitan

Thanks very much Ajax and IHogaRok.  :)

So, it's been snowing pretty nicely in the UK at the moment (and where I live we've been getting lots of it  :)) ) so I hope to take some wintery and icy dioramas, which I'll be able to upload soon.
In the meantime, here are some dioramas that I took a while ago. I hope you'll all enjoy them.  :)

A (heavily photographed and hugely photogenic) Olorotitan scours a beach in search of food:

A Styracosaurus seeks shade from the midday sun:

Despite being small sauropods they're still very large!

At last the females are visible; albeit as pinpricks in the sky:

Stripping trees bare:

BONUS: A sea-side stay is never complete without a stroll on the beach.

Jetoar

I like all, but over all the diorama based in WWD  :)).

Bokisaurus

Cool ones, makes me want to go out and make some, too ;D

Battatitan

Thanks very much. :)  Jetoar, I don't mean to base the dioramas on WWD, although I can see your point...  :-\  :)) And Boki, pleeeaase do some more dioramas  O:-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

The last two are my favorites..you know I didn't even notice the hotel and cars in the background there til a second viewing ! Shows what my attention was drawn toward..lol good job !

Battatitan

Thanks Blade-of-the-Moon.  :)  I suppose one is fairly used to seeing Olorotitans strolling the seafront? :D Hahaha

Here's another instalment of my dioramas which I hope you'll enjoy. Some might look similar to those which I posted on the DTF v.1 because they were taken at similar times/ in similar locations.

Browsing amid the vegetation

Grassland Pursuit - one of my favourites   *orthocone*

The Edge Of Cretaceous Utah's Forests

Fishing at High Tide

Wading Across the River

Thanks for looking :D

Thundercharge

Click sig for my collection! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Fishing at high tide looks good.  I love pieces that use water. :)

Battatitan

Thanks Thundercharge and Blade-of-the-Moon. I too like water-incorporating dioramas although it can prove difficult when in the form of large waves and droplets, gigantic in comparison, dripping off a figure's head. :(

As I had some time on my hands I was able to upload some more dioramas.

Forest Stop

(Yet another) Olorotitan

Ornitholestes on the Prowl (similar to one of the first dioramas I posted on the DTF v1.)

Thundercharge

Click sig for my collection! :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.