News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darylj

to be honest, we are moving house in jan, and the missus has said that we need as much space as possible (what with the new baby)
i am going to restart my collection after we move... but im kind of clearing out my collection a bit... just keeping my fav models... and getting rid of the repaints... so i can afford to buy more models, to repaint :)

but yeah... sad to see some of them go but hey... theres more where they came from!!!

Roselaar

Papo Brachiosaurus is in! Thanks to being a loyal customer at my regular Papo address, I got a 10% discount. :)

Feels right at home:

Jetoar

I am waiting to see this magnificent figures in my hands  :)).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

31st inventory update:

JP soundtrack. Still one of the best soundtracks ever!  8)

Loose JPS1 and JP Die-Cast collector cards. No rares but still a nice addition.

The JP The Ride cup again, now with accessories.

Various neat JP and assorted dinosaur pins.

MOC TLW View Master set.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Seijun on December 01, 2012, 12:17:32 AM
Today was unfortunate. I got the papo brown running rex from mastermind toys. Even though the box was very large and contained lots of packing material, NONE of it was wrapped around the trex! He didnt even have a plastic bag around him. The bottom 9" of the box was all wasted packing material, and the poor rex was shoved into the 4-5" of empty space at the top end of the box. He spent the entire trip rubbing against the cardboard box, so about 1/3 of the paint on his arm is rubbed off. I am contacting mastermind for a return, and hopefully they have another brown rex. He would have been perfect if he had just been packed right.

Sorry for the mishaps. Please keep us updated regarding mastermind and whether or not they would provide a substitute. Also, I'm curious, how did you get a brown running T-rex from mastermind? Did you contact them directly? The website doesn't appear to advertise it, though.

Ikessauro

Adamantisaurus, by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 03, 2012, 03:53:23 PM

:D Wow! Another cool species for the Brazilian Dinosaur line!

Quote from: Roselaar on December 01, 2012, 10:58:26 PM

Finally the Papo collection looks good. There was always something (big) missing ;D!

Jeremy K9

Here are my newest acquisitions. The Carnegie Brachiosaurus, Papo Styracosaurus, and the Dinostoreus Iguanodon. All I need now are the Pteranodon skull and T-rex 1/4 skull to complete my Dinostoreus skull collection.  :D

I really love both of the figures I received. The Brachiosaurus is even better looking in person. The paint patterns and colors are beautiful, same goes for the Styracosaurus.

All three of these items came from DansDinosaurs.com, and once again the entire transaction went smoothly. Thanks for the items Dan, and I will most definitely enjoy the heck out of them.   ;D

Roselaar

In the assumption this figure has not been made into a figure/kit before, I took the liberty of adding it to the Unique Species Thread. Excellent sculpt!  :)

32nd inventory update:

I believe these are not JP merchandise items. Pretty decent, large hand puppets though.

JP III hand puppets.

JP wallet and similar accessories. I am currently using a JP wallet which has gotten rather worn out, so this would be a nice replacement. But I think I ought to keep it in the collection instead.

JP key chains with 3D images.

JP Dakin foot wear. Not my size, alas. ;D

Bokisaurus

Wow, another cool figure. Hey, I would love to get a hold of some of his figures, let me know if you  can help me, PM me, oaky? :)

Brontozaurus

Quote from: sauroid on November 20, 2012, 12:28:45 PM
some new Japan figures
Colorata Ankylosaurus

Colorata Stegosaurus

Favorite Pachycephalosaurus

Sega mini Dinosaur King Triceratops

Sega Dinosaur King Triceratops (medium sized hard vinyl with movable limbs)

Sega Dinosaur King Pawpawsaurus (medium sized hard vinyl with movable limbs)

a couple of unknown brands
Ankylosaurus

Chasmosaurus

The Dinoking Pawpawsaurus is actually a Saichania. For whatever reason, Saichania was one of the franchise mascots.

Also, the Chasmosaurus looks like a knockoff of the Dinoking Torosaurus design.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Sumo

All of a sudden, the bookstores sell Geoworld skeletons! I'm guessing this is a short-term thing and they'll be gone for good by christmas, so I'm hoarding them while I can. They're not cheap, but oh so irresistible...

Last week I found the Carnotaurus and Stygimoloch

, today I got the Pteranodon and Spinosaurus.
I also got an egg with the label torn off. The interior booklet said Velociraptor... well, it wasn't. Instead it was another Carnotaurus. Anyone want to trade?
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Bokisaurus

My latest Shapeways figures
[

Seijun

What species is the rhino? Were their horns really that long?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

sauroid

i think it's an Elasmotherium.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Brontozaurus

At the museum today I found that they were selling blindpacked Geoworld skeletons. I bought one and got a Styracosaurus. A bit later I caved in to temptation and got three more, ending up with another Styracosaurus, Apatosaurus, and Spinosaurus. I really wanted the Carnotaurus, but Spinosaurus was on my wanted list too so it's not bad.

They're actually quite nice skeletons; the Spinosaurus even has the hands in the right positions and the dent in the upper jaw. Speaking of the Spinosaurus, though, the hips are the wrong way around, but as they're two separate pieces this is easily corrected.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 05, 2012, 08:05:01 AM
At the museum today I found that they were selling blindpacked Geoworld skeletons. I bought one and got a Styracosaurus. A bit later I caved in to temptation and got three more, ending up with another Styracosaurus, Apatosaurus, and Spinosaurus. I really wanted the Carnotaurus, but Spinosaurus was on my wanted list too so it's not bad.

They're actually quite nice skeletons; the Spinosaurus even has the hands in the right positions and the dent in the upper jaw. Speaking of the Spinosaurus, though, the hips are the wrong way around, but as they're two separate pieces this is easily corrected.
How big are they compared to other figures? Would you say the proportion and detail are good?

I've been thinking about getting a skeleton or two (they'd make a good sculpting ref too), but most of the ones I look at are too toylike and kiddy, or too big and majorly expensive :-\

Jetoar

I have some skeletons of this brand and I think that they have done a good models and they are not too expensieve than other brands. They have done skeletons of rare reptiles as Elasmosaurus, Mosasaurus, Carnotauurus, Spinosaurus and Dsungarypterus and Thropeognathus that other brands never have done and with good price.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Sumo

Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 05, 2012, 08:05:01 AM
Speaking of the Spinosaurus, though, the hips are the wrong way around, but as they're two separate pieces this is easily corrected.

You're right, mine has the same issue. I assembled it as is, but eventually I'll have to get around to fixing it. The pegs and holes are different sizes, so they'll need a bit of adjusting to fit properly.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Roselaar

Found a new address for Papo, which also carried Collecta in stock! So I got myself some cool figures:

Bought another one of them T-Rexes, since it was much different from the one I already owned (but still without base). Spot the differences for yourself.  ;)

And 33rd inventory update:

Cover of a JP Lindberg Corythosaurus box, and two different technical manuals for an old Ocean game.

JP III coin set, MIP.

JP badge stickers. Found more of them later on, didn't bother to take pics anymore.

More assorted JP stickers.

JP writing and school accessories, including an unopened set.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.