News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

copper's paints

Started by copper, March 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copper

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 06, 2012, 07:22:26 AM
Amazing as always! Are those Rob's commission? If it is, it would be interesting to see your pachy next to the styraco (I repainted for him) ;)
You know, I was looking at that same image that the Carno scheme was based on. I was considering repainting my 2012 Safari Brachio that desing ;D

the carno is rob's but the pachy was made for another customer.
if you decide to paint the brachio with these colors, i gotta see it! : )

Bokisaurus

Quote from: copper on June 06, 2012, 11:31:21 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 06, 2012, 07:22:26 AM
Amazing as always! Are those Rob's commission? If it is, it would be interesting to see your pachy next to the styraco (I repainted for him) ;)
You know, I was looking at that same image that the Carno scheme was based on. I was considering repainting my 2012 Safari Brachio that desing ;D

the carno is rob's but the pachy was made for another customer.
if you decide to paint the brachio with these colors, i gotta see it! : )

Alas, my attempt to paint the Brachio this color scheme failed! I think there was just too much body surface on the Brachio for this kind of design to work... or I just was not able to pull it off ;D
But I did finish the Brachio with a much more "literal"design :))

Metallisuchus

Quote from: copper on June 06, 2012, 11:24:52 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 06, 2012, 12:44:53 AM
Excellent color schemes! You couldn't have picked better colors. It's nice to see something in black, for once.

actually the customers chose the color schemes : )

Okay then you couldn't have painted them any better ;P

Gryphoceratops

copper

repainted cryolophposaurus (carnegie collection, safari ltd)
this one will be mounted on a base later
-my personal collection

painted male lambeosaurus (angie's shapeways model)
-my personal collection

Metallisuchus

Man, your repaints are the best. I love that Cryolophosaurus. He looks twice as good now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really beautiful paint jobs there ! The Cryo is really amazing and the Lambeo looks like a painting.. ;D

Meso-Cenozoic

Are you sure you don't secretly paint for Kaiyodo? 8)

I know some of your commissions have you replicating other paint patterns and colors, but where do you keep coming up with all these amazing original ideas?! Such a talent!

postsaurischian

:o :D  Oh .... oh ... the Lambeo ... so tempting .......

copper

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 18, 2012, 08:19:20 AM
Are you sure you don't secretly paint for Kaiyodo? 8)

I know some of your commissions have you replicating other paint patterns and colors, but where do you keep coming up with all these amazing original ideas?! Such a talent!

thank you!
i'm super inspired by extant birds, reptiles, amphibians and fishes when it comes to colors and patterns : )

ZoPteryx

I think that's the best looking Cryo I've ever seen! I find I'm thinking that a lot after seeing your customs! ::)

HKHollinstone

Loving the lambeosaurus!  Beautiful.

Gryphoceratops

Sharptooth

Bellissimi, especially the Lambeo!

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

copper

repainted and modified mastodonsaurus (bullyland)
-color direction from shane foulkes torvosaurus: link (requested)
-made the teeth a bit longer
-commission

postsaurischian

sauroid

wow gorgeous Mastodonsaurus repaint
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Meso-Cenozoic

Very realistic and amphibiany looking! Just beautiful! Wait till Chris D. sees this. He loves "salamanders"!

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 01, 2012, 09:18:15 AM
Very realistic and amphibiany looking!

I agree, just what this replica needed! :))

Balaur

Wow, that and the Cryp are my favourites so far!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.