News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Our favourite eBay sellers (updated April 2016)

Started by DinoToyForum, April 14, 2012, 03:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

The list!

aandgcollectibles.

animetropolis.

bookhuntingtim6o9c. Battats at good shipping prices to UK

bmk17 (=brettnj). "virtually anything from Japan"

fantgoodspeed.

ig88droid. Seller and supplier fo things Japanese

its-playtime.

jubei88. Kaiyodos from this reliable seller from Hong Kong.

MonstrositiesInc. Excellent, friendly seller and supplier of Kaiyodo vinyls, resins and books among other things. 

PlanetDinosaur.

prassiri

RED WORLD TOYS. Invicta, WWD figures and Safari figures

Snertus. Random dinosaur figures we can't seem to find anywhere else.

Stephaniezrncic95.

thelordsgym.

Toys-From-The-Ark.. Safari Ltd and Collecta + other animals

----
I'd like to put together a list of our favourite dinosaur figure sellers on eBay. I'm intending to include an 'official' top 10 on a new blog page or forum thread. So, I wondered if people could suggest some recommended Ebay sellers based on reliability, and/or based on the quality and rarity of their listings. When we have enough names, I'll put them into a poll so we can arrive at an official top 10, to be reassessed annually of course.

The list of suggestions so far includes:

Suggested by me: Snertus. I've had many agreeable dealings with this seller, who always lists figures I can't seem to find anywhere else.

And also suggested by me: aandgcollectibles.

Suggested by Sbell: ig88droid. I've mentioned him before, but ig88droid is an excellent seller and supplier fo things Japanese:
Especially Colorata sets (and if you need anything else from their website, just ask him--that's how I got my fancy Fossil Fish tie!).

Suggested by Himmapaan: MonstrositiesInc. Excellent, friendly seller and supplier of Kaiyodo vinyls, resins and books among other things. 

Suggested by MMfrankford: animetropolis. I like this sellers selection and the prices are not bad.

Suggested by Jhudstone: thelordsgym. thelordsgym always seems to have cool stuff I can't find elsewhere, though it seems to have slowed down a little lately.

Suggested by ITdactyl: "fantgoodspeed"  for your jap stuff. "

Suggested by Jetoar: "Jurassic Park toys of Stephaniezrncic95, Invicta, WWD figures and Safari figures of RED WORLD TOYS:, Safari figures of its-playtime"

Suggested by Zuchengotyrant: "Toys-From-The-Ark, great supplier of Safari Ltd and Collecta +other animals"

Suggested by Verinnius: I ordered from this store, and they were great! PlanetDinosaur

Any other suggestions would be most welcome! Also, sellers are welcome to put themselves forward for consideration. >:D

pylgrym

8)
ABSTRUSE!
()SOUNDS OF HUGE STADIUM):

SNERTUS! SNERTUS!
'
'
'
'
"Ye must be born again"

ITdactyl

I'd suggest "fantgoodspeed"  for your jap stuff.  Some might not like his prices, but I liked that he is (most of the time) willing to hunt down rare japanese stuff for you - you can request for items not currently on his ebay store and he'll try to get them.

I agree with the feedback for "ig88droid" - already had several transactions with him.  I had 2 incidents though where I won 2 items which were apparently not even in his inventory.  That aside, he's still a great seller and communicates really fast (and honestly to boot).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 29, 2013, 07:06:17 PM
I'd suggest "fantgoodspeed"  for your jap stuff.  Some might not like his prices, but I liked that he is (most of the time) willing to hunt down rare japanese stuff for you - you can request for items not currently on his ebay store and he'll try to get them.

I agree with the feedback for "ig88droid" - already had several transactions with him.  I had 2 incidents though where I won 2 items which were apparently not even in his inventory.  That aside, he's still a great seller and communicates really fast (and honestly to boot).
I would agree with your comment regarding Taizo (Fantgoodspeed) I managed to get my Tokyo Expo feathered Rex via him, and also a book. He is friendly and polite.

I like MonstrositiesInc. too but their communication could be a little better. I like Zalligani for his rare Kaiyodo resins.

Blackdanter

Now, I've been buying items from this seller for years and, apart from a couple of times when the item hasn't actually been in stock, everything has been fine.

So, here's the question. If you bid on this item what would you expect to receive?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370841834790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'll explain why I'm asking later!

SBell

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 10, 2013, 08:29:30 AM
Now, I've been buying items from this seller for years and, apart from a couple of times when the item hasn't actually been in stock, everything has been fine.

So, here's the question. If you bid on this item what would you expect to receive?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370841834790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I would expect the figure in the image--I don't think Carl knows his dinos and other animals all that well. I've never had an issue with him.

Blackdanter

Quote from: SBell on July 11, 2013, 03:44:25 AM

I would expect the figure in the image--I don't think Carl knows his dinos and other animals all that well. I've never had an issue with him.

I've only had a couple of minor issues Sean. I've been buying from him for years. I was seriously annoyed to open the package and find a Series 1 Apatosaurus, a $2 figure (not really worth the postage paid)!  ??? No response from the seller yet, which is also unusual!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 11, 2013, 08:16:30 AM

I've only had a couple of minor issues Sean. I've been buying from him for years. I was seriously annoyed to open the package and find a Series 1 Apatosaurus, a $2 figure (not really worth the postage paid)!  ??? No response from the seller yet, which is also unusual!

He obviously sent the wrong figure. The problem will surely be solved to your satisfaction.
Anything else would surprise me.

SBell

I guess I have had issues once--a Xenacanthus came broken. He immediately replaced it. And that one was broken too...but the third one was good!

ITdactyl

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 11, 2013, 10:56:20 AM

He obviously sent the wrong figure. The problem will surely be solved to your satisfaction.
Anything else would surprise me.

Won that item and the greenish variant a few months back (based on the auction pictures)... only to be told that they weren't in stock anyway.  First time I was offered a pick of his other items (same ending price), 2nd time we just agreed to retract the bid.  Those 2 incidents aside, I've had very good deals with this seller, so I'm not really complaining.  But I've learned not to bid on a "bracheosaurus"

Jetoar

My favorites sellers are:

Jurassic Park toys of Stephaniezrncic95: http://stores.ebay.es/Stephaniezrncic95s-Store

Invicta, WWD figures and Safari figures of RED WORLD TOYS: http://stores.ebay.es/redworldtoys

Safari figures of its-playtime: http://stores.ebay.es/itsplaytime
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blackdanter

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with ig88droid. So much so that he's lost a long standing customer here.

This was the listing:

What I received was a Series 3 Diplodocus, no packaging or papers.

He didn't seem to think there was a problem with that and I have to say that I was very polite and patient with him over this however it ended in an escalated dispute and Ebay refunding me (not the seller).

I must have spent a few hundred pounds with him over the years and I think he fails to understand that his stock is no longer unique on Ebay. So, voting with my boots on this one.

Sorry if you guys think he's a great seller but whichever way I look at it, I see deception (perhaps my occupation colours that some).

Zhuchengotyrant

My favorite seller is Toys-From-The-Ark, great supplier of Safari Ltd and Collecta +other animals (for those of you who also makes a living in the ATF) for a low price, usually about $10.50, but its free shipping.

(The thought flew through his head. It made him shudder, he had been at it for a month. *Suspenceful Music* As he stared at the white screen with the mostly grey Ampelosaurus, with a quick motion, he opened the other tab with the red Eotyrannus, both by CollectA. He also looked at the tab that read  "Don Lessem-Dinosaur Atlas , Paperback". He stared at the roof, thoughts rushing in his head. He wondered "Should I buy all three for $25, or just the Ampelosaurus and the book for$15?". That night he dreamt of daring rescues and heroic sword fights, fighting dragons and saving a damsel in distress- just to be told by the awe-inspiring, all powerful wizard, *Drum Role*, to buy all three for $25!)
;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Chad

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 25, 2013, 04:06:55 PM
I have to say that I'm very disappointed with ig88droid. So much so that he's lost a long standing customer here.

This was the listing:

What I received was a Series 3 Diplodocus, no packaging or papers.

He didn't seem to think there was a problem with that and I have to say that I was very polite and patient with him over this however it ended in an escalated dispute and Ebay refunding me (not the seller).

I must have spent a few hundred pounds with him over the years and I think he fails to understand that his stock is no longer unique on Ebay. So, voting with my boots on this one.

Sorry if you guys think he's a great seller but whichever way I look at it, I see deception (perhaps my occupation colours that some).

I have mixed results. Once I had a perfectly fine transaction and another time it turned out he didn't have the figures he sold me on ebay in stock and so refunded my money.

verinnius

Can we still contribute sellers?

I ordered from this store, and they were great! 

PlanetDinosaur

DinoToyForum

I've updated the first post with everyone's recently suggested favourite Ebay sellers. I've also sett up a poll in this thread to see if we can settle on a top 10.  C:-) You can choose up to three sellers. We can redo the poll every year, so if you have an other seller suggestions, do post them, and they can be added to the mix next time around...

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

DinoToyForum

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Alexxitator

Ig88droid is great! Bought my entire Kaiyodo Dinotales buch from him!
I also recomment  spieleundkonsolen! A very trustworthy German seller who sold me many of my Safari, Papo and Collecta stuff.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.