News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The DTF Banner-which 2014 releases should be featured?

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, December 23, 2013, 04:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

So, the banner at the top of the DTF website has the images of six 2013 releases. Which models coming out in 2014 should replace the current pictures?
My vote:
Papo Dilophosaurus, CollectA Carcharodontosaurus and Icthyovenator, Safari Monolophosaurus, Papo Archaeopteryx, and probably one of the ceratopsians- but I don't know. There are so many great relases this year.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

I'd try to keep it fair and choose one model from each of the popular companies.

I choose: Papo Archeopteryx, CollectA Gastonia, Carnegie Tyrannosaurus, Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, Bullyand Lambeosaurus, and Schleich Pentaceratops.

I didn't necessarily pick models that were my absolute favourites, but I tried to go for diversity to represent the different points of view of our forum and its members 8)

..Okay, that's thinking too deep into it :-[

amargasaurus cazaui

Neither set of selections includes a marine animal nor mammal.....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 23, 2013, 05:26:46 PM
Neither set of selections includes a marine animal nor mammal.....
What is your suggestion, then?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tough call...let's see.

Papo Dilophosaurus , Carnegie Rex, Bully Lambeosaurus, Collecta Mosasaurus ,Carcharodontosaurus , and Arsinoitherium / Quetzalcoatlus  .  I know I listed seven but I think CollectA is the only company making a nice marine reptile, mammal and pterosaur next year.   CollectA should probably get the majority this year at least.

amargasaurus cazaui

I dont really have a suggestion to be sure. I made a few last year and they placed past in the voting so I learned my ideas of banner design are not that great. I was just making an observation for what it might be worth.
If I designed the banner it would have an amagasaurus in the center flanked by rows of psittacosaurus on each side !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Papo Dilophosaurus, Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, Collecta Mosasaurus, Collecta Xenoceratops, Papo Archaeopteryx, Safari Ammonite :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Totally forgot the ammonite..maybe we should expand the banner  to include a few more figures ? ;)

Concavenator

My selection  ^-^ :
CollectA Deluxe Carcharodontosaurus:first figure revealed for 2014.Impressive figure
CollectA Mosasaurus:Surely the best mosasaur figure around,I 'm sure Dr.Admin likes it  8)
Carnegie Tyrannosaurus:the 25th Anniversary Carnegie figure!GReat figure,it should appear.We don't make a Carnegie appearing in the banner since 2012 with the Brachiosaurus.
Wild Safari Suchomimus:requested by forum members 
Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus:one of the many new ceratopsian figures,I personally chose this one as tribute for Walking With Dinosaurs 3-D
Papo Dilophosaurus:requested since many time ago.Worths appearing
Papo Archaeopteryx:Papo's first feathered model of a prehistoric animal
Wild Safari Ammonite:  *orthocone*  :P

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on December 23, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
My selection  ^-^ :
CollectA Deluxe Carcharodontosaurus:first figure revealed for 2014.Impressive figure
CollectA Mosasaurus:Surely the best mosasaur figure around,I 'm sure Dr.Admin likes it  8)
Carnegie Tyrannosaurus:the 25th Anniversary Carnegie figure!GReat figure,it should appear.We don't make a Carnegie appearing in the banner since 2012 with the Brachiosaurus.
Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus:one of the many new ceratopsian figures,I personally chose this one as tribute for Walking With Dinosaurs 3-D
Bullyland Lambeosaurus:a 'decent' Bullyland model!Worthy to be remembered!  :))
No Papos?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 23, 2013, 07:54:41 PM
My selection  ^-^ :
No Papos?
Sorry  :-X I'll fix

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 23, 2013, 07:54:41 PM
My selection  ^-^ :
No Papos?
Fixed,thanks   :)

amargasaurus cazaui

i think the forum might consider placing a few pieces from our shapeways artists up there as well..........perhaps a Krentz chubby? I know all of our shapeways artists have released a load of new work this past year.

DinoToyForum

I'm keen to include the ammonite  8) something a little different.

By the way, Here are all the banners from previous years, for inspiration...
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1159.msg28714.html#msg28714

Blade-of-the-Moon

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

DinoToyForum

Ok, two certainties so far are...

Papo Dilophosaurus
Safari Ammonite

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 24, 2013, 05:16:59 PM
Ok, two certainties so far are...

Papo Dilophosaurus
Safari Ammonite

Carnegie Rex ?

I think CollectA will be the hard one to pick from. So much goodness.

Takama

Here is my idea

from left to right

Papo Dilophosaurus

Safari Ammonite

CollectA Bistaheversior (Because we should include a Feathered Tyrannosaur for a change)

Bullyland Lambeosaurus

Carnegie T.Rex

Schleich Pentaceratops.

That's one figure from Every major brand/line

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.