News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2014

Started by SommoDracorex, November 08, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SommoDracorex

NO COMMENT for these... T___T  :'(  ::)  :))

tyrantqueen

Hey, where have I seen that theri before?

Oh yeah, there. I actually think the Penta doesn't look too bad, except when you get to the feet. And the Theri is okay, although the head is too big and the wrists are broken.

SommoDracorex

An impressive level of detail wasted with these abominations. I don't understand why Tyrannosaurus and "Velociraptor" had a resculpt. The feathers on the arms of raptor are just pathetic.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SommoDracorex on November 08, 2013, 10:15:28 PM
An impressive level of detail wasted with these abominations. I don't understand why Tyrannosaurus and "Velociraptor" had a resculpt. The feathers on the arms of raptor are just pathetic.
Yup, waste of talent indeed. Still, they're better than Geoworld.

Takama

WTF :o

Are you sure these are new Schleich models, and not knock offs?

Balaur

Ugh. Just, ugh... That dromaeosaur looks so freaking pathetic! I'm sorry but what comes to my mind when I see that picture is "hey look, we are being accurate! We have feathers on our raptors arm!" That dromaeosaur is so ugly. The others are also bad, but that raptor takes the cake!

Concavenator

The Tyrannosaurus and the dromaeosaurid look so pathetic.Yeah,I don't understand why the heck did they have to resculpt them.  :(
If there's a thing that I like from schleich this year is just the choice of a Therizino-Dzilla  ;) and the Penta is...ok.

Takama

What I like to know is, are these part of the world of History Line? Or are they a new small figures series?

Also, is that raptor supposed to be a Velociraptor, or a new Species?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on November 08, 2013, 10:28:51 PM
The Tyrannosaurus and the dromaeosaurid look so pathetic.Yeah,I don't understand why the heck did they have to resculpt them.  :(
If there's a thing that I like from schleich this year is just the choice of a Therizino-Dzilla  ;) and the Penta is...ok.

The answer to your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

(Just imagine the moustache guy is the president of Schleich, and there you go) >:D

Takama

Another Question I have is are they going to retire there Current T-Rex?

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 08, 2013, 10:34:44 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 08, 2013, 10:28:51 PM

The answer to your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

(Just imagine the moustache guy is the president of Schleich, and there you go) >:D
Well it'd be absurd to resculpt it as in 2012 it wqs resculpted...maybe that one will be a female T.rex to go with there current one...  ::)

SommoDracorex

With the raptor they really have managed to surpass themselves! Not even the first CollectA one was so horrible! They managed to not even guess the emblematic claws on feet!!! And then the feathers! THE FEATHERS!!! WHY?! WHY?!?! o__o
They're also positioned on the contrary, moreover!
And the T. rex's feet grow up every time they do a new sculpt! This is a nightmare! :o
LOL.

DinoToyForum

These are just embarrassing.  *yuck* 

Balaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 08, 2013, 11:36:33 PM
These are just embarrassing.  *yuck* 

I don't know why, I just laughed so hard when I read that. Yeah, total disgrace.
The Penta seems like its okay, but something is so off about this. I still have no idea why Schleich is even producing dinosaurs no. I understand for money, but I can't imagine a single person alive liking these. Ugh.

SpartanSquat

I was very surprised by the therizinosaurus and pentaceratops. But the first 2 are resculpts?! What is going to happend with the 2012 versions? In my personal opinion the 2012 t-rex version is better than this one.

Hermes888

I assume that these aren't supposed to be resculpts, but additions to go with the other figures. Kind of like the Papo standing, running, and baby Tyrannosaurus figures.

The new Velociraptor looks like a mix of the last two.

The more recent model actually does have "feathers" on the arms and tail, but they're unnoticeable from afar.
In my opinion, you either go with a Jurassic Park version, or you go for accuracy. Anything in between looks ridiculous. Now it looks like crafting feathers have been glued to the poor bald dinosaur's arms.

The Tyrannosaurus looks like last year's model and the CollectA model had an illegitimate child.

The Therizinosaurus and Pentaceratops aren't as bad. Then again, almost anything would look good when compared to the first two.

SpartanSquat

I was thinking, if the dromeosaur its a deinonychus and the tyrannosaur is a Tarbosaurus?

Hermes888

Quote from: RolandEden on November 09, 2013, 01:44:30 AM
I was thinking, if the dromeosaur its a deinonychus and the tyrannosaur is a Tarbosaurus?
I don't think Schleich is that sophisticated, especially since Velociraptor and Tyrannosaurus are such high-selling names.
Plus, the dromaeosaur shares the same colors as the original Velociraptor figure, and the tyrannosaur shares the same colors as last year's Tyrannosaurus.

SpartanSquat

Why not mate? If they released Therizinosaurus and Pentaceratops (2 strange for the mortals) why not that 2 I mentioned?
I noted Therizinosaurus will have moveable jaws. Curiosly they didnt released any prehistoric mammals like Mammoths or Smilodons

ZoPteryx

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I'm actually somewhat impressed by these Schleichs. :o  They're still at the bottom of the pile in terms of accuracy, but I see a hint of promise.

Velociraptor:  Not as good as the last year's, but both are pretty horrible *yuck*.  At least they're trying to add some feathers.
T. rex: Equal to the previous one.
Pentaceratops:  Pretty darn good, the feet are wrong but that's an easy fix.  Could look really snazzy with a repaint.
Therizinosaurus:  Didn't see that one coming!  If they'd followed the art more closely it would be awesome, seems like they had trouble discerning where the feathering should end on the limbs and body.  Color scheme is nice, though I can't give them credit for it.  Main anatomical flaws: incorrect hand position, head is too large, and the inner toe was weight bearing with a large claw.

I'll probably get the last two, never thought I'd be buying Schleich again!!!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.